Thursday, October 18, 2007

Not a good day

Well, if you would've asked me 15 minutes ago how my day went, i would've told you it was kind of a "blah" day....stuck a little bit, but nothing too bad, BUT, if u ask me now, i would say it was a bad day. Just lost a $200 pot in omaha8 because i was being stubborn. Flop comes 663, i'm holding pocket 3's...now this is a VERY vulnerable fullhouse in omaha8, sure enough, like i said, i was stubborn, and i was hoping the other guy either had a dry 6, or was drawing with A2, but nope, he held 63...i was drawing dead. I really am going to switch back to hold em for a few days because i am NOT running well in omaha8. Do you know i played like 190 hands, and only ONCE won a pot on the river!! Not even a few half pots....just one small scoop. Everytime i ever had something, i got no action, pretty sick!

So after the boat over boat debacle, i sat down at a .50-1 stars nl hold em game. (it had to be stars becuz i IMMEDIATELY shut down fulltilt following that hand). This is a classic, and one of the reasons i've been avoiding hold em. VERY 1ST HAND i pick up QQ, make it 3.5 bucks, get called by sb. Flop comes A45, he checks, i bet 5.5, he calls, turn is a 2, it goes check, check, river is my Q!!!! So the final board heads A245Q, he pushes all in for like 20 bucks, and i probably would've folded if it weren't for the Q on the river, so i pretty much had to call...he flips over k3 off for the straight LOL, stuck a quick 50!!! I mean where do i even start on this hand...this guys sweet call wtih k3off...or the fact that pokerstars just WHORES me and gives me a set of Queens on the river just to make sure i can't get away from my hand! Sometimes poker really sucks!

Played a bunch of tournies today...one cash in the $3 rebuy, other then that....zippy!! I do actually give myself credit for this hand though, eventhough it busted me from the tourny. We're down to 224 ppl. 216 cash and i've been crushing my table. I have like 20k, and another guy has about the same, we're both top 20 at this point. I raised with Q9 (i had been raising a ton at this weak table) other big stack called, flop comes QQ10, i check, he bets pot, i call, turn is a 6, i check, he goes all in (it was a little more then the pot). I really didn't put him on a queen here, i thought he had kk or jj or something like that, and just wanted me out of this hand, so i could've folded and still had a decent stack, and cashed, but i called and the pot was for the chip lead in the tourny...he had KQ...gg murph! But like i said, i'm glad a didn't do the scared thing and fold just because we were right on the bubble and i could've coasted in...although now i wish i had just mucked! lol

Oh well, tomorrow is another big poker day, so we'll see how it goes!

Murph

p.s. just stacked that k3 donkey twice and now i'm up 40 bucks in the game. Donkeys....ya gotta love em!

No comments: