Friday, October 5, 2007

A horse is a horse

Sorry i couldn't post my results lastnight, something came up. Nothing too exciting though, came in 29th in the omaha8 tourny for a nubbins minimum cash. Lost a monster pot when a dude flopped the nut low and high on me (A4) when i was holding nut flush draw, and 2nd nut low...oooops. On the bright side, i top tened my 4th horse tourny in the past 5 i've played, can't seem to break through for the win though (two 4th's, 8th and 9th), i think i need to work on my short handed play a bit. I do recommend the fulltilt book that just came out a few months ago (can't think of the name of it) that has a section on different games written by different pros. I definately have to credit the razz section by Ted Forrest and Huck Seed on helping the razz part of my game for horse!! I just wish stars or fulltilt had some middle of the road buy ins for horse. Its either 5 bucks, or something like 30 or bigger. A nice $10 would be nice!

Only played 2 sng's today, came in 1st in a $20 and 3rd in the $10. I decided at the beginning of the day to take a few days off playing omaha8 cash games because i just haven't been running very good, so i played some .25-.50 nl. (what i'm about to say is the reason i stopped playing hold em cash games). i pick up kk on button, utg raises to 1.5, gets called, i make it 7.5, BB pushes 21 all in, other 2 guys fold, i call, he flips up QQ...Q on the flop, thanks for coming out. Somehow i managed to make 14 bucks in the game when it should've been at least 50. Lastly, played a $10 double shootout for the sunday million, won my first table, and with 6 left, i lost all in pre flop my AQs vs 78 (he raised, i put him all in, and i've never seen a guy call so fast, for a minute i thought he was gonna flip up 2 jokers...well 78 is almost as good), so i was down to 15...yes 15 chips!!!!!!!!!!! the blinds were 25-50. Well with a little short stack ninja play by me, i built it up to 700, and managed to cash to get my my money back...3 away from the ticket though. I think my next article will be how short stack play seeing as i have mastered the art of it.

Murph

No comments: