Wednesday, October 24, 2007

2nd place is no place you're off the team!

I had a really good feeling going into tonights poker session, and i guess you could call me Nostradomus (or however u spell his name lol). Had my biggest online score ever today with a 2nd place finish in the $10 1 re buy and 1 add on for a smooth $1908!!!!!! Back in the good ol days of sunpoker, i had 2 wins for approx. $1200 each, but this eclipses that by quite a bit! I just played some SICK poker the enitre tournament!! I really felt like i was in the zone for a good 6 hours straight!! Everytime i re raised, i would take it down....literally, evertime!! It was just one of those days where i could just feel the weakness everytime someone raised it pre flop. Without a doubt, it was my re rasising that vaulted me to the huge chip lead i had with about 6 tables left. I pretty much cruised to the final table and when we finally got down to the final table, i was in 6th and still feeling good!

Final table:
after about 2 orbits...i was in 9th and feeling ILL!!!! I COULD NOT catch a hand, or see a flop!! Everytime i picked up a decent hand (q10, kj) i would get re-popped and have to muck. I was already envisioning myself busting in 9th for 220 bucks...i think i would've tossed the laptop into the street if i actually would've busted in 9th. So at this point i'm feeling very off my game. Scared to raise, scared to bust in 9th, defiantely not the mind set u want to be in. Finally somebody busts out and i can breath a little easier, although at this point i'm still very nervous for some reason. Long story short, i basically hang around on the short stack until we're 4 handed and this is where something in me changed. 4th was getting around 900 and i said to myself, F playing scared, even if i bust now, its still a great pay day and eventhough i was severely short ( i had like 150k, one guy had over a million, and the other 2 had around 600k) i told myself lets play some sick ninja shortstack poker and win this. Well, we literally played 4 handed for almost 45 mintues. Back and forth the whole way. At one point i had around 700k and was sitting in a comfortable 2nd place....but then i was back down to 150k. (this may have been the best i've ever played short handed in my life...to hang around for 45 mintues being very short was remarkable becuase it's not like i was doubling up a lot, i think the entire time, i may have had 2 all ins...other then that, never had to show down). So eventually 2 guys get it all in, the big stack wins, and we're down to 3 handed. Again, chip leader has like 1.2million, 2nd has 600k and i have around 450k. It didn't take long for the big stack to bust the other guy nad next thing i know, i'm heads up!!!!!!! He's got about a 4 to1 lead on me though (1.7 mill vs 370k). Blinds were ENORMOUS at this point mainly due to the 45 minute 4 handed play, and i ran into KK and came in 2nd!

Anyway, that's basically it! For a good 2 or 3 months now i've been really feeling overdue for a big score and finally the cards fell my way! I'm on cloud 9 right now and it feels good! Eventhough i just won 2k, i'm not gonna jump into any crazy games. I'll probably still play the games i usually play $20 sng's, .5-1 cash games and anywhere from 10-25 multi tables. At least that is the plan now, we'll see if i can stick to it, but i've always managed my bankroll very conservatively, so i'm not worried. Ok, thats all for now, i'm gonna try to goto sleep, but i have a feeling i may lay awake in bed thinking about that 1st place prize of 3.3k that i was so close to.

Murph

No comments: