Sunday, October 21, 2007

The horror of the bubble

I was told by one of my readers (1 of the 2....if that lol) that this is starting to turn into a bad beat blog. I disagree somewhat, but givingthe readers what they want, i will try to avoid the topic of bad beats...starting tomorrow HAHAHA

So i came in 10th today (hence the subject of this post) and OF COURSE, was sucked out on to bust me!! I was in 6th with 10 left, 1 away from the final table and the blue lights when i picked up 1010 on the button. I had about 8bb at this point. One limper in front of me (chip leader), so i decide not to mess around and just push my 10's, not really wanting a call....he times out, and calls with 77...sweet right??? i'll be in 3rd when i win this....WRONG!!!! Flop came 357 followed by 2 rags and i was gone!!! I threw up all over my laptop!! The worst part of all was that we had been playing 10 handed for a while and there were 3 guys with 3bb or less just trying to hang on to get to the final table, so really, i would've amost been guaranteed something like at least 7th ($190) just by having those short stacks bust once we got to the final table. I'm still sick about this and it happened over an hour ago. I was staring at that $1500 for 1st and i was feeling great, but i guess it wasn't meant to be. That's the thing about poker, all you can do is get your money in with the best of it (80-20) is about as good as it gets...after that, it's out of your hands! At times this can work out in your benefit....but at today...it didn't!

I will say this about this tournament....my very aggressive nature sure paid off for me because since i had been raising a lot the whole time, and getting re popped a fair amount of times too, i had a nuts image, and there were at least 3 times where i had AA, QQ and QQ and was re raised all in by less then steller cards, and my hand held each time. Having a crazy image can be brutal when you are continually getting re raised and you have to fold, but wait long enough, and you'll get em!

Lost all my PCA tickets today lol. 3 2nd step and 1 3rd...oh well. Sng's went really bad today, so hopefully tomorrow is a new day!

On a roll playing cash games on stars. Won another $125 playing .50-1 nl. Again, my nuts image did it for me. I was caught making a really big bluff on the river with NOTHING, when the poker Gods shined down on me and 2 hands later i pick up AA and i got a guy to put it all in pre flop with 1010...tyty.

Ok, also from the suggestion box, i'm gonna make at least one paragraph non poker related. Why the hell did kevin millar throw out the opening pitch for game 7?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!? I thought they were joking when they announced him, but nope, sure enough, it was him! He then proceeded to call jacoby ellsbury, jacob, and he called Dice K something that was NOT his name...very smooth Kevin...go have another Milwaukee's best

Murph

No comments: