Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Swing swing

So, before yesterday, i had been on a mini heater for the past week...i basically erased the -700 i started the year out on, and was actually up a little bit...until yesterday. Ended the day stuck about $150, but i'm VERY happy with the way i played. I played about 300 hands of cash and floppped 1 set (i picked up about 40 pocket pairs too) and got AA twice and had them cracked twice, picked up QQ once, and had those cracked too, so all in all, i'm happy with my play, eventhough i lost money. I had a guy at my table seeing 85% of the flops too!!!!! He was a payoff wizard!!! I just couldnt get a hand agaisnt this guy to save my life!!! Usually, when a guy has stats like this, he only lasts about 30 hands or so, but this donkey play 105!!!! He clearly ended up losing 180 bucks, and i if anything, he won money off of me...oh well, you can't beat every donkey...

Tournaments still are basically going nowhere. 4 days ago i came in 10th just missing the final table of a horse event, and yesterday, i cashed in the same event. Other then this, pokerstars has really just been BLAH since mid november. Actually, the $5 rebuy has been very profitable since ive started playing it, but i haven't had a big score in it...just a lot of $40-50 payouts. I decieded to play the $10 rebuy lastnight too, and it went REALLY well. First hand i picked up QQ utg...pushed all in, got called by AQ, he hit a flush. 2 hands later, i pick up AQ, utg pushes, i call, he has KJ...J on the river...and i called it a day LOL...i figured hey, this thing could get pretty expensive if this keeps happening, so i ate the 20 bucks, and left. I actually cashed in the 50/50 on fulltilt lastnight though. Parlayed a $6 sat. win into $90 bucks, so it was a good night on fulltilt i guess. I was running in the top 50 almost the whole tournament, until we got near the cash, and i went about an hour staright without catching a single decnt hand, and i ended up busting in like 115th or so.

Ok, i'm glad i'm getting back into grinding cash games, i feel like my game is improving ten fold...especially my reads (yes i know, its online, but there are def reads to be made). Maybe a cash in the $20 180 man sng at some point would be nice....i think i'm about 0 for 18 recently...

Murph

No comments: