Thursday, July 31, 2008

July Review: One gigantic waste of time


Well the title about sums it up. Just under 50,000 hands on fulltilt this month, and a whopping $47 to show for it. I guess it could've been worse, i could've quit for the month around hand 30k and been stuck amost a G. Grind doesn't even begin to describe this month. As you can see from the graph, July 1st started out shitty, and it really never got any better. I ran like complete dogshit the ENTIRE month. Bad beats aside, i probably got set over setted like 10 times at least, lost nearly a 300bb pot AA vs AA and numerous other 2, 3 and 4 outers hitting on me with all the money in. I'm really hoping to just put this disgusting month behind me and start fresh in August. Like i said last post, if things don't turn around ( how aboout i just run average for a little while, i'm not even asking to run gooooooot) i'm seriously gonna have to score a real job sooner then i planned on.
Ok, enough bitching...the good news...i TECHNICALLY made $740 this month. Factor in the $400 i got in rakeback this month, and the $300 mid year bonus from fulltilt, i ended up turning a profit, in what i hope is the worst month i have playing poker (knock on wood).
I think i'm gonna start playing 6 100nl and 3 50nl tables for my standard grinding session, and when i hook up my mouse and play 12 tables, i'll probably play 9 100nl and 3 50nl tables. This month i bascially lost $500 playing 50 nl and won $500 playing 100nl which is pretty crazy. I'm bascially on a 10 buy in downswing from 50nl which is really sickening, and i think i'm ready to move strictly to 100nl. Maybe come Sept. i can put the 50nl days behind me. I feel very confident playng 50nl but just ran like ass all month. Plus i think its a sign to move up when i'm getting pissed when i hit sets on one of my 50nl tables instead of the 100nl tables...we'll see...
I actually started playing a bit on stars again this month too. I basically played to get the few thousand pts i need for the tv. I ended up winning about $120 playing some omaha8 (which i think i'm gonna have to start dabbling in again) and cashing for $90 in that end of the month tournament, but in my grinding, lost about $200 playing hold em to pretty much breakeven for the month. I do like the stars interface better, but i really feel like the fulltilt games are softer...maybe its just me. Well, that, and i have WAY more people in my database with stas on fulltilt then stars, so my hud isnt very useful on stars.
Ok, enough babbling, maybe i'll post some goals for August tomorrow, and actually go over my july goals to see if i hit any of them...
Murph

No comments: