Thursday, November 15, 2007

Round up

So, i got back from AC sunday night, and monday morning flew to visit my g/f, so i haven't played any poker since the weekend...i finally got back home Wednesday night late (around 130am) and immediately donked off a quick 100. I knew i was running good when within 5 minutes of starting my sng, i pick up AA, raise, get re raised, guy pushes, another guy calls, i call, and the original re raiser calls, 4 guys all in on the 1st level...i was up against AK twice!!! and QQ...clearly a Q hits and i'm drawing dead...welcome back to poker Murph! Including lastnight and today, i have flopped the STONE COLD NUTS 4 times, and taken down none of them lol...not onl have i flopped the nuts 4 times, i managed to get all the money in the pot on the flop!!!!!! I've deciceded i'm taking a few days off from cash games...i'm on mega tilt right now, this halfway stems from the whole AC debacle, but i've been running so bad its not even funny!!

On the bright side, i won another step 5 today!! So now i've got a step 4 and 5 in the bank, lets make something happen with these!!

On to more sweet luck...Played a $20 mt today, and we were down to 2 tables...1.4k for 1st, and i'm in 3rd loving life...until 3 hands later...3 times being whored by pokerstars, and a 15th place finish...AJ vs A7...AJ vs Q10 then my JJ of course runs into QQ...gg murph

Onto AC...
So we get there around noon on sat. and we decide to play at the trop...after about 5 hours, we go get something to eat from the noodle bar (not really, but it sounds a lot better) and i'm up about 200 feel AMAZING!!!! At this point i've played some incredible poker. One hand that saved me my stack was when i layed down my pair and flush draw on the turn for only 25 bucks becuz i KNEW one of the 2 guys behind me had a bigger flush draw...sure enough, my spade hits on the river...2 guys get it all in, and my read was right, the guy to my left had a bigger flush, and my fold saved me my stack! Anyway, i'm crusing along with about 750 in front of me when i pick up KK in the sb. UTG who is tight raises to 15, one guy calls, so i make it 48 to go, utg calls, other guy mucks. Flop comes Q84, i bet 90, this guy pushes for like 200 total...now i knew he was tight, and figured he had QQ or possibly AQ but i can't lay it down, i call, he has QQ, $500 his way! This was a dagger. So this throws me off my game when near the end of my night, i flop a jack high flush...yada yada yada, board pairs, gives this DONKEY who limped with QQ a boat, and he stacks me (don't even get me started on this guy limping with QQ). So i call it a night ready to kill someone stuck 300.

Wake up around 9 the next morning and head back to the trop looking to at least break even for the trip. (i'll makethis as quick as possible). 2nd hand i sit down at (the retarded trop opended a new table with only 6 ppl) i pick up 74 of clubs, i limp, guy next to me raises to 7, i call...flop a flush he flops his ace, turns his Q and pushes over the top of my 100 bet on the turn with 2 pair vs my flush...it holds and i'm back to even for the trip baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So now my stack is at around 650 and it just leaked until a stormed off berating this pregnant women after sucking out on me with 195 bucks...so for the trip i'm stuck 400. BUT, on day 2, i've never seen so much bad luck in my life. I flop trips, other dude flops 2 pair, so as i'm ready to take his whole stack just like anyone who flops trips vs 2 pair, except, i fill up on the turn, only to give this donkey a bigger boat...nice 2 outer bro (and he slammed his cards on the table...i was ready to fight...so that was a nice 380 pot that should've come my way). Mix in many hands like this, and my final hand of the weekend i have 68 in the sb, flop comes A68...i bet 15, get 1 caller (i KNEW this chick had a weak ace), turn is a 2, i bet 38, she calls...river..the beautiful A of spades, giving me the powerful 3 pair...i bet 20, she calls...turns over A4, i was counterfieted, $120 her way.

I've become very jaded with Atlantic City. I'm a winning online player becuz i play literally every single day...almost. So i can overcome the variance of running bad, or having a bad day becuz i know i'm going to playing again tomorrow. BUT, when i goto AC once every 2 months or so, i can't overcome the variance. If the cards aren't falling my way, there is nothing i can do. I have to try to play through it becuz i'm going home the next day. I play live poker maybe 5 or 6 times a year, and if it just so happens that the cards are not gonna fall my way for these days, i'm going to get crushed (like i have the last 3 times i've been to AC) Oh yeah, by the way, sunday, i picked up kk, QQx2, JJx4 and didn't win the pot a single time...VERY nice.

Anyway, i know this is long and actually as i've been writting it, i've lost 30 bucks playing horse lol. But poker can be the most frusterating game in the world...i love it, but there is no sicker feeling then seeing some donkey who cannot play is way out of a paper bag walk away with like 1000 bucks plyaing 1/2 nl in AC...I know eventually he will lose it, but i don't care. If he isn't losing it to me, it really doesn't matter to me. I'm sick of hearing ppl say u want to see these donkeys winning becuz they will give it back...who gives a shit???? i know i don't, especially becuz i'm sitting at home pissed off, while this donkey is losing my money to some other donkey playing poker for the 3rd time in his life. I just read an ariticle (can't remember where) and something struck me as very intellegent..."if luck wasn't involved in poker, it would be chess"...maybe i should take up chess...

Murph

No comments: