Saturday, January 31, 2009

Jan Review...Decent Month


So, as you can see, i got off to a pretty decent start to 2009. The grand total for the month was $5087!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My sickest month by nearly $2k! The month was helped by my $350 full tilt year end bonus. Also booked about $400 in rakeback too. It was such a wierd month. Everyday i would book a huge win, i would expect the next day to have a losing day, giving some of it back (seems to be the way it goes with me), but it just never happened. The insane thing is, it's not like a ran super hot, i just literally ran into TONS of donkeys just handing me there money. I only played 8k of heads up, but crushed it for about the same rate as i did last month. I seriously need to somehow motivate myself to play more heads up though. I wanted to play at least 10k hands of heads up this month, but i crushed full ring so bad, that i felt like i might as well ride the wave while i can.



There really isn't too much else to say i guess. I am absolutely elated about how this month went, but i know i probably won't continue this way for the rest of 2009. It feels pretty good to be 1/4 of the way to my goal in 2009 1 month in though!! Who knows though, maybe my poker game really is coming together perfectly right now. I really revamped my game about 6 months ago, and i really hadn't seen the results i was expecting from this change i made. Maybe i have finally figured out the perfect way to maximze value playing this style. I still would like to start incorporating more 200nl into my everyday play though. I'm still only playing 1 table of 200nl with all my 100nl tables, and thats only if i can find a donkey at the 200nl tables. Oh well, 100nl has been pretty good to me, and i feel SOOOOO comfortable sticking my whole stack in weak, or a draw, whereat 200nl, i don't feel comfortable doing that, which means i won't be playing my A game.



Ok, got some other amazing news, and i may post about it later today, who knows. Have a good superbowl weekend all, and heres to running hot in Feb.!


Murph

No comments: